Wednesday, January 19, 2011

'BRAND' new!!

I believe that calling yourself a photographer doesn't mean you can just turn up at someones home with a camera! You need to continually perfect your craft, invest in good equipment, and have alternatives to natural light.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE natural light, but if it's not right, you need to know how to 'make' it right... and NOT by whacking on an ON-camera flash!! Limiting yourself to 'natural light', you either end up with dull, drab images that you need to turn to B+W OR images with 'tinny / flashy' direct lighting. Luckily, my Year 9 Creative Arts teacher told us to NEVER do it or we would be banned from the darkroom for a week! Harsh, but good advice!

Before I started workshopping years ago, I loved every image of a newborn baby, but I'm starting to see styles I like and styles I don't! So if all I start to do is realise the style 'I' want to achieve, then its money (& lots of it!!) well spent! I can't expect people to pay me if I never adapt, grow or atleast admit I will never know it all (& then DO something about it!)

I'm still not there yet, nor will I ever be, but I love workshopping, networking with others and learning as much as I can! And making some gorgeous friends along the way ;) So from this point on, hopefully you see a mix of me... here is a little taste of what I mean!! HELLO 2011!! xx

Natural light ***SIGH***



Studio Lighting ***Awhhh...those lashes, that nose, those lips, those tiny fingers!***



Just my opinion... doesn't mean it's right! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics and great insights, Stace.
    Looking forward to seeing what you can do with 2011!
    Cheers,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete